Owning a business is both exciting and intimidating; but you have lots of support. Find resources to help you make decisions on starting or growing your enterprise. Browse these tools, then contact your SCORE mentor to get help putting your ideas into action.
- So You Want to be an Entrepreneur
- Considerations Before Starting a Business
- Starting a Business in New Jersey
- Costing, Pricing, Break-Even - 3-Step Start-up Formula
- Advisory Board - How to Form
- Business Plan for a Start-up
- Business Plan for an Established Business
- Business Plan Handbook
- Business Plan Sample
- Business Plans - Common Flaws
- Insurance Considerations for Small Business
Buying or Selling a Business
- Buying or Selling a Business
- Grow Your Business thru Acquisition
- Position a Business for Sale
- Your Business is Worth What?
- Buy / Sell Business Websites ***NEEDS Revisions for NJ****
- Business Plan for Non-Profit
- Non-Profit Organizations - Answers to Five Basic Questions
- Forming a Non-Profit Corporation - Quick Answers
- Planning Tools for Non-Profits
- Closing or Transferring a Non-Profit Business
- Non-Disclosure Agreement Template
- Intellectual Property - Overview
- Intellectual Property - Provisional Patent Information
- Business Structures - Comparisons of Forms
- SBA Loan Programs Chart
- Loans for Start-up and Existing Businesses
- CDC Small Business Finance Programs
- CDC Small Business Finance 3-Step Loan Process
- SBA Loan Fact Sheet
- Understanding Your FICO Score
- Crowdfunding - IndieGoGo Checklist
- SCORE Financial Projections Template
Sales, Marketing & PR
Now is the perfect time to plan ahead for success. Prepare for a successful holiday season by reviewing these six tasks and delegating with your team.
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to filing business licenses and permits, particularly for farming and agricultural businesses.
One can start a business from scratch, buy an existing one or become a franchisee. Is franchising a good option for you?
Experts have tried to determine the “secret sauce” that makes Silicon Valley such fertile ground for startups. Can your small business learn that secret sauce?
The professional roles within a corporation can be as complex, so it’s easy to get confused (especially when one individual plays more than one role). Read more
SCORE’s latest infographic, sponsored by Nav, discusses how much Americans still value small businesses and how they show their appreciation for them.
You might think that Amazon and big box stores have pushed small businesses out of consumers’ minds, but that is not the case as our latest infographic shows. Read more