Owning a business is both exciting and intimidating; but you have lots of support. Find resources to help you make decisions on starting or growing your enterprise. Browse these tools, then contact your SCORE mentor to get help putting your ideas into action.
- So You Want to be an Entrepreneur
- Considerations Before Starting a Business
- Starting a Business in New Jersey
- Costing, Pricing, Break-Even - 3-Step Start-up Formula
- Advisory Board - How to Form
- Business Plan for a Start-up
- Business Plan for an Established Business
- Business Plan Handbook
- Business Plan Sample
- Business Plans - Common Flaws
- Insurance Considerations for Small Business
Buying or Selling a Business
- Buying or Selling a Business
- Grow Your Business thru Acquisition
- Position a Business for Sale
- Your Business is Worth What?
- Buy / Sell Business Websites ***NEEDS Revisions for NJ****
- Business Plan for Non-Profit
- Non-Profit Organizations - Answers to Five Basic Questions
- Forming a Non-Profit Corporation - Quick Answers
- Planning Tools for Non-Profits
- Closing or Transferring a Non-Profit Business
- Non-Disclosure Agreement Template
- Intellectual Property - Overview
- Intellectual Property - Provisional Patent Information
- Business Structures - Comparisons of Forms
- SBA Loan Programs Chart
- Loans for Start-up and Existing Businesses
- CDC Small Business Finance Programs
- CDC Small Business Finance 3-Step Loan Process
- SBA Loan Fact Sheet
- Understanding Your FICO Score
- Crowdfunding - IndieGoGo Checklist
- SCORE Financial Projections Template
Sales, Marketing & PR
The best time to apply for a small business loan is when you aren’t in desperate need. Find out how planning ahead can boost your chances of getting a loan. Read more
Unlike large corporations that are slow to make technological advances, small businesses can quickly and successfully switch to new tech in their day to day operations. Here are the top 10 tech tools that will help elevate your small business today!
An email template can help you to streamline and improve your email marketing strategy.
Learn how to rethink the 4P's of marketing for your business in the COVID-19 era so you can grow into this "new normal" instead of focusing on simply surviving.
Building a brand identity can help minority entrepreneurs refine their vision and increase sales.
Understanding what lenders want to know before you apply for a business loan is a good way to prepare for the questions they will ask. Read more
SCORE's latest infographic highlights the findings of part 3 of “The Megaphone Of Main Street: The Impact of Covid-19” data report. Read more
If you’re struggling to shift from offline to online with your events, here’s what you need to know about getting started with virtual events.
Now that we know more about the impact of Covid, it’s time to prepare for what may come next and manage any risks our businesses face.