Owning a business is both exciting and intimidating; but you have lots of support. Find resources to help you make decisions on starting or growing your enterprise. Browse these tools, then contact your SCORE mentor to get help putting your ideas into action.
- So You Want to be an Entrepreneur
- Considerations Before Starting a Business
- Starting a Business in New Jersey
- Costing, Pricing, Break-Even - 3-Step Start-up Formula
- Advisory Board - How to Form
- Business Plan for a Start-up
- Business Plan for an Established Business
- Business Plan Handbook
- Business Plan Sample
- Business Plans - Common Flaws
- Insurance Considerations for Small Business
Buying or Selling a Business
- Buying or Selling a Business
- Grow Your Business thru Acquisition
- Position a Business for Sale
- Your Business is Worth What?
- Buy / Sell Business Websites ***NEEDS Revisions for NJ****
- Business Plan for Non-Profit
- Non-Profit Organizations - Answers to Five Basic Questions
- Forming a Non-Profit Corporation - Quick Answers
- Planning Tools for Non-Profits
- Closing or Transferring a Non-Profit Business
- Non-Disclosure Agreement Template
- Intellectual Property - Overview
- Intellectual Property - Provisional Patent Information
- Business Structures - Comparisons of Forms
- SBA Loan Programs Chart
- Loans for Start-up and Existing Businesses
- CDC Small Business Finance Programs
- CDC Small Business Finance 3-Step Loan Process
- SBA Loan Fact Sheet
- Understanding Your FICO Score
- Crowdfunding - IndieGoGo Checklist
- SCORE Financial Projections Template
Sales, Marketing & PR
Finance and accounting can be intimidating topics for entrepreneurs. This guide was designed to help you operate your business more efficiently. Read more
SCORE hosted our sixth Small Business Success Virtual Conference, a half-day event featuring nine webinars, mentoring sessions, resources and networking rooms.
Whether a college degree is necessary to start a business or a waste of time that could be better spent launching a startup has been hotly debated for decades.
If your business provides services instead of products, you can still reap the rewards of Small Business Saturday. Here are some ideas for promoting your brand.
The Megaphone of Main Street: Women’s Entrepreneurship, Infographic #4: How and Why Women Start Businesses
SCORE’s latest infographic shows the factors women consider when deciding to open a business and what type of businesses they start. Read more
It takes hard work to start and maintain any type of business, whether you work from home or a storefront. Here are some suggestions to keep you going.
Why should you perform a SWOT analysis regularly? This planning technique can help you identify what your business is doing well and what it needs to improve.
Read these three stories of veterans who launched entrepreneurial companies to help other veterans successfully transition back to civilian life.