Owning a business is both exciting and intimidating; but you have lots of support. Find resources to help you make decisions on starting or growing your enterprise. Browse these tools, then contact your SCORE mentor to get help putting your ideas into action.
- So You Want to be an Entrepreneur
- Considerations Before Starting a Business
- Starting a Business in New Jersey
- Costing, Pricing, Break-Even - 3-Step Start-up Formula
- Advisory Board - How to Form
- Business Plan for a Start-up
- Business Plan for an Established Business
- Business Plan Handbook
- Business Plan Sample
- Business Plans - Common Flaws
- Insurance Considerations for Small Business
Buying or Selling a Business
- Buying or Selling a Business
- Grow Your Business thru Acquisition
- Position a Business for Sale
- Your Business is Worth What?
- Buy / Sell Business Websites ***NEEDS Revisions for NJ****
- Business Plan for Non-Profit
- Non-Profit Organizations - Answers to Five Basic Questions
- Forming a Non-Profit Corporation - Quick Answers
- Planning Tools for Non-Profits
- Closing or Transferring a Non-Profit Business
- Non-Disclosure Agreement Template
- Intellectual Property - Overview
- Intellectual Property - Provisional Patent Information
- Business Structures - Comparisons of Forms
- SBA Loan Programs Chart
- Loans for Start-up and Existing Businesses
- CDC Small Business Finance Programs
- CDC Small Business Finance 3-Step Loan Process
- SBA Loan Fact Sheet
- Understanding Your FICO Score
- Crowdfunding - IndieGoGo Checklist
- SCORE Financial Projections Template
Sales, Marketing & PR
Here’s a bit of not-so-surprising news: Startups fail. But what if a new business fails because it hits a roadblock it can’t bounce back from?
Whether you’re a full-time freelancer, or growing your side hustle, it can be difficult to hold yourself accountable to stay productive. Check out these 5 tools to help stay focused and efficient.
The Megaphone of Main Street: Women’s Entrepreneurship, Infographic #3: The Impact of Mentoring on Business Success
SCORE’s latest infographic shows the impact of mentoring on business success. Read more
As a local business, you should first start strategizing on what you can do on (and off) your website to beat your competitors’ rankings.
SCORE’s two latest infographics focus on financing challenges and mentorship’s impact on women entrepreneurs. They highlight the second and third parts of “The Megaphone of Main Street: Women’s Entrepreneurship.”
Chronic employee absenteeism can cost your business money, undermine performance and impact staff morale. Read more
Do you want to be an entrepreneur and receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)? Social Security’s Ticket to Work program may be able to help you on the path to success in self-employment.